Thursday, October 1, 2009

Relay For Life Pitch


Our PR administration class recently pitched different themes to the Relay For Life committee in Milledgveille. The group I was a part of was selected as the pitch winner. Our black and white Polaroid picture theme "Celebrate a Memory" will be used for this years event. I am excited to now begin the details for planning this event where over a hundred participants are expected to attend including this years Relay For Life team captains and cancer survivors. The one thing that I've learned from my first pitch experience is that it is all about the way you position your pitch, you must distinguish yourself a part from the rest by highlighting the benefits and connecting with your audience. I think building an image that involves the participant is so important. I am currently focused on working to get the community business owners involved by donating items for this event as I am in charge of our committee to budget cost of food, refreshments and table settings. The best part of having this unique opportunity is to get to work with my peers and together collaborate to put together an event that means so much to our community!

No comments:

Post a Comment