Wednesday, March 3, 2010

How do you see yourself using technology?



Digital Bridges is the client for my senior public relations campaign class. On Saturday February 27, 2010 at the Milledgeville Mall we presented our campaign titled, "How do you see yourself using techonlogy? " to the community. We had a nice table set up directly in the middle of the mall and had 4 Apple computers set up with the photo booth application. We encouraged people to sit down and take their "fun"picture and then we printed them off and handed them there picture magnet with the digital bridges logo and mission statement as well as a flyer with the address to Digital Bridges and other information. In addition, we printed off an extra copy of their picture and posted it on our display board and told them to stop by Digital Bridges to see their picture and collect a coupon for Chick-fil-A. During the event, we reached a wide audience including people from the blood drive and beauty pageant going on that day. Our goal was to spread awareness of how technology is fun, and how Digital Bridges offers many great resources to the community from classes for beginners learning to use e-mail or for the advanced learning cutting-edge technology systems. From my experience, I found that the way to have people be most receptive to what we were doing was to 1) listen and be patient 2) hook them with a connection 3) show them the benefits 4) be concise to get the point across 5) always smile :) I think that these same principles apply to working with a client. As a public relations professional, I know that being indispensable to the client is key. From this event, I further increased my ability to communicate effectively, my problem solving skills and my overall campaign management. In answer to our campaign title, " I see myself using technology to connect with others in bringing about positive change in my community and globally." Feel free to post your answer to this same ? on my blog!

No comments:

Post a Comment