Friday, April 30, 2010

Bringing value to the job

I am so excited that public relations professionals and the entire PR community has joined together today to help 2010 graduates like myself find jobs through HAPPO (Help A PR Pro Out).

I feel so privileged to be a part of the growing public relations field and to have the opportunity to be guided and directed on this new journey of mine into finding my first job. I have received great job advice and so I wanted to share this with you as my public relations colleagues.

"Think of each job as an opportunity"-Mark Merrill, President, Family First

"Do your research"-Mary Jean Land, GCSU MSCM Department Chair

"Cultivate endurance, self-confidence and a sense of curiosity" -Dianne Bernez, SVP Corporate Communications, Equifax

"Broaden your network"-Mary Roberts, Director, GCSU Career Center

"Take personal responsibility in delivering excellence"-Juan Pablo Favero, GCSU Women's Head Soccer Coach

"Listen-pray-follow" - Les Steckel, President/CEO, Fellowship of Christian Athletes

I will leave you with a personal favorite of mine, "Strive not to be a success, but to be of value."-Albert Einstein

Bringing value into the work place should be the first move for any professional looking to be hired. Have a happy HAPPO day!

No comments:

Post a Comment