Sunday, September 12, 2010

Georgia's On My Mind


I recently started coaching pre-school age children 3-5 year olds how to play soccer.

The company I'm working with is Soccer Shots focused on teaching children soccer and leadership skills .

This past weekend I coached two full sessions of 3 year olds. I was so excited to have many little girls signed up. One of these girls was named Georgia and was really shy and immediately started crying when I began. This is not uncommon with children this age so I always try my best to include them and get other children to encourage them to participate.

I have learned quickly that patience works best and that reassurance is helpful in building their confidence. By the end of the session Georgia had stopped crying and was smiling and enjoying herself. I think Georgia's story applies to many areas of life and especially in the business world. When you feel accepted and trust the people that you work with your attitude changes. When your attitude is positive then your actions follow and you yield positive results.

In whatever you do, do it as though you are doing it unto the Lord and not for man. My desire is to work with a cheerful heart no matter the circumstances. Today in church we talked about the woman with a small jar of oil and how she trusted God to use what she already had and how He multiplied it substantially. God’s desire is to bless us tremendously, and he always uses what we have to give to Him and then He does what we cannot do.

I am prepared to work with patience, encourage others with a cheerful heart and trust in God and you can be too! Act your way into feeling. This is something my soccer coach told me-try it this week and see for yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment